The Eastory Blog

Welcome to the Eastory Blog!

We want to share with you all that is happening here in Israel, from art to the weather, and the feeling in the streets.

We hope you'll enjoy.

The Eastory Team.

13.9.10

audio art: eviatar banai

The Banai artists are a veritable clan of artistic force, a pack of crazy talented musicians with distinct voices and styles. I love them all, but I recently saw Eviatar in concert and he stole my heart. Really he just stole it all in one fell swoop- got up there on that unassuming kibbutz stage and KILLED it, stole my breath away and stole the show.

I was literally mesmerized by him. His voice seemed to capture all the space around him, and for a solid hour there was only EVIATAR, crooning his heartbreaking, slightly sinister lyrics. I haven't seen an artist who seemed to grab the very air around them like that since I saw Regina Spektor silence a room of rowdy Russian fans with an acapella version of 'Poor Little Rich Boy'. With his inspirational tale of spiritual redemption (former, maybe current pothead who found God and is now religious) and complex lyrical compositions, he cuts a fascinating figure in the Israeli music scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment